Hello, I’m Rek Bell.
I'm a cartoonist, writer, and sailor.
- rekkabell at gmail dot ca
I have illustrated many children’s books for edition companies such as Éditions Druide, ERPI, Éditions du Boréal, and Bayard Canada. I have illustrated content for game studios like Edoki Academy, Hibernum Créations, Sava Transmédia, and Japan Studio. I've also done work for animation/TV studios like Toneplus Animation(JP), Mandarine 24, Volta, Pascal Blais Studio, and Télé-Québec. My self-published game oquonie was a finalist for “Excellence in visual art” at the 2015 Independent Games Festival (IGF).
- Creative Arts, Champlain Regional College, 2002-2004.
- 2d Animation, Cégep du Vieux Montréal, 2005-2008.
I produced a short animated film called uno upon graduating.
- 2015-PRESENT hundredrabbits. Co-creator, content editor, illustrator & writer
- Projects: donsol, oquonie, niju, markl, thousand rooms, grimgrains, etc.
- 2015-2016 Télé-québec. Illustrator
- Projects: Mon ami bulle
- 2015-2016 Game artist.
- Projects: vendredi 13, busy water, misc, etc.
- 2012-2013 Toneplus animation studios. Concept artist
- Puppeteer (Ps3), Aladdin Pachinko, etc.
- 2008-2017 Children’s Books Illustrator
- Projects: (Over 20 books) Skateboard Sibby, Les araignées monstres, etc.
- 2009-2010 Studio Pascal Blais. Colour Artist.
- Projects: Penguinos Fabricas Marinela, Mini Wheats Blueberry muffin, etc.
For the full of games, magazines, TV and books I've made, see publications. View my full list of press appearances.
- “Excellence in visual arts finalist”, Oquonie, International Games Festival, San Francisco, 2015